Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thursday Compromise

Well, it's Thursday. On Thursdays I either run or bike. Or while base training in winter, any cardio is acceptable. So today's roster in my Grand Plan to Pretend I Didn't Take 14 Months (+ a Pregnancy) Off (GPPDTO) called for the elliptical.

But that was before Bear got me up at 3 am for no particular reason. (The night before it was 1 and 3 and 5, but that was because the snowplow kept waking him up.) Two nights of broken sleep (+ my newly returned period) gave me a migraine. Which I still have, even though Wonderful Husband stuck around and was 2 hours late for work this morning so I could take some meds and try to sleep it off.

Since I've already tried 2 medications, closed all the blinds and gone through half the ice packs with little improvement I don't see today's workout happening. At least I managed to avert the Endless Puking portion of the migraine festivities.

So today's comprise is at least an homage to my 2009 race season. I set up an RSS feed on a Craigslist search for wetsuits. Because if the wetsuit thing works out, I can finally do this race. Although at the moment I must admit I thought it was in August and I'm suddenly freaking out at the mid-July date. Because I wanted another month to prep for my first attempt at an Oly.

Hey, look at that! I'm thinking like a triathlete again. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

5 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

I hope you feel better very soon! Attempt the workout on another day and call it "thursday."
Poor Bear waking up all night. I finally took the baby monitor out of the bedroom and now we all sleep better.

LBTEPA said...

Owww
feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Sixteen Chickens I remember taking out the baby monitor and being able to sleep better too.

Siren, I suffer from migraines too, so I feel your pain. There isn't much you can do except sleep them off. You poor thing. Hang in there.

I was going to tell you a place that can custom make you a wetsuit, but I cannot remember where. I'll ask my trainer again. He told me about it while I was working out and dying, so I can't remember. He said it is not much more than buying one, so just a thought, but I'm not being much help by telling you without telling you the name. HAHA

Have a better day today.

IronWaddler said...

Take care and everything will fall into place.

Andrea said...

Nice post, thanks for sharing.