Thursday, February 09, 2006

The verdict is in...

Doctor said flu plus bronchitis. He said my run-in with allergen hell was, albeit not the brightest thing I've done, coincidental.

I don't think I've truly had the flu since college - I remember a terrible bout January of senior year. And I haven't had back-to-back bouts of bronchitis since sophomore year of college (that went on for months, it was my first major health crisis that signaled the start of a downward spiral).

Maaaan, of all the jillions of things that could send me into a bout of college-days nostalgia, why oh why did the universe choose to send me this?!

3 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Umm didn't you have the flu just like a month ago? Uhhh didn't you and blogger-Lisa have it at the same time? Good grief girl, we better buy stock in Campbells chicken soup. :) Feel better soon. Take tylenol for the high fever. Whenever I run a fever I hallucinate. One time I thought my computer was possessed... come to think of it, maybe that wasn't a hallucination. Anyway, no hallucinations. Drink, rest, tylenol, repeat.

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

I like to change things up a little - last month was a sinus infection plus bronchitis. This month it's flu plus bronchitis... and now it appears to be migrating upwards and becoming a head cold too. Might be the first time that's ever happened - usually stuff starts in my head and winds up in my lungs.

I used to get sick like this (every month, every other month) all the time when I was corporate, but leaving made a huge difference, and I only got really, down-and-dirty sick like this once last year. Guess getting me more business has put me right back out into the germ-riddled world with my pathetic immune system.

My biggest frustration is that nobody believes I have a fever. My body temp runs quite a bit below normal (we even have data on this from my basal body temp testing pre-thyroid diagnosis), so 98.6 for me is actually a fever and I feel like hell, but I basically get told I'm over-reacting and I don't really have one.

Lisa said...

Awww... I'm sorry you're sick again! I hope you're resting and taking in lots of fluids! Feel better!