Monday, May 22, 2006

Decisions, Decisions

I went to 5 stores in the last 24 hours looking for a sports equipment organizer. Every time I stumble across the stupid box o' balls 'n crap in the garage I get this bug up my ass about it, and this time I was determined to actually do something, to hell with my husband's rule that I'm not allowed to clean things in "his" garage. I'm claiming jurisdiction because half the sports stuff is mine now anyway.

Several years ago I saw an organization rack in a store and thought to myself "that's perfect, someday I will have to get one of those."

Since yesterday I have been to:
Target (where I'm pretty sure I saw them before)
Sports Authority (they told me to try Home Depot)
Sears (they acted like I was a genius for thinking such a thing should exist)
Home Depot (they just acted confused)
WalMart (they seemed surprised they didn't have them)

I hadn't even thought about ordering it online because it's a pretty big thing and shipping costs can get out of hand. But I was even more determined to organize my garage and prove I wasn't a crazy person for thinking these damn things exist.

One quick Google search returned a plethora of options at reasonable prices. Did I want floor standing or over-the-door or wall mounted or for skis or golf clubs or on and on. After two days of futility I was blow away by how easy it was to find not just what I was looking for, but to have options.


So now I just have to decide if I want A, B or C. A buffet of organization! It makes my anal retentive little heart go pitter patter.

Option A















Option B



















Option C

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I dig option b. Now if it ever actually looks as organized and as nice as it is in the photo, please post one! :)

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Husband voted for B as well. So I tried to order it... and it's out of stock. GAH! So much for organizing the garage this weekend!