Friday, May 12, 2006

Hot and Cold Inside of 30 Seconds

My radio woke me up with the glorious news that Fuel invited Chris to be their lead singer! I was totally psychedI had just pondered the possibilty with a friends yesterday, and here it is!

So I jumped out of bed, ran to the computer to send her an email....

Only to find an email from my aunt informing us that my cousin Jason (with whom I have always been extremely close, more like a brother to me than my actual brothers) is shipping out for Iraq.

He's a career Air Force guy and does paperwork stuff, something to do with arranging air shipments. All these years I thought he was safe. They were supposed to ship him out about 3 years ago and my uncle had terminal cancer; if he didn't die before J left for Iraq, J would not have been allowed to return for the funeral. Isn't that sick? Uncle Tony knew he had to die before March or his son couldn't be at his funeral. He did. J's orders were rescinded, he came to the funeral and was able to spent time with the family, which was the last time I got to see him. He's been stationed in Ft. Worth since. I don't even know what to think - I guess I thought it couldn't happen since he'd already dodged the bullet once before.

He'll be in the Sunni triangle 45 miles north of Baghdad. He's scared but says he's glad to be going because it's what he's trained for.

No comments: