Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sobering Reminder

Today I got a stern reminder from my body that I'm not a normal person.

Yesterday I had that niggling little feeling in the back of my mind that I'd forgotten something, and I suspected that what I'd forgotten was to take my meds. But I wasn't sure and I didn't want to take them twice, so I let it go. I felt pretty good and had an incredibly productive work day so I reasoned I must have taken them.

Then I woke up this morning. I overslept by more than an hour. My brain was foggy. My limbs felt like concrete. It took me almost an hour from when I woke up to when I was actually able to stumble out of bed, and only then because my bladder insisted.

This was a mild version of how I used to feel every day of my life, and proof that I most certainly forgot to take my meds yesterday.

Now I'm begging myself to go for my run this morning. The mind is willing but the body is weak. I certainly won't be getting in a record-setting 5K this morning like I'd planned... today will be a victory if I even manage to go for a walk.

No comments: