Thursday, February 07, 2008

Painful Reintroductions and New Math

Well, it had to happen sooner or later. The Little Geek decided to take a nice long nap this afternoon, so I decided to let the laundry sit for another day to make it sooner.

After 7 months of it hanging from the ceiling and 2 weeks of it staring at me from the trainer, I got back on the bike.

(Well, first I almost fell over trying to get back on it. THEN I actually got back on it.)

Ho. Ly. Crap. Did that ever hurt.

I eeked out a cadence of 75 rpm. Just. Barely. And that was after 5 minutes of warming up and scraping out 60 rpm in a pathetically easy gear.

There was a screaming contest between my saddle contact parts and my quads, which was nice. It kind of made me think about what women have dubbed "pregnesia." I mean, I remember starting out on the racing bike a few years ago sucking, but I don't remember it hurting quite this much.

And while I was at it, I learned some new math...

Original poochy tummy + aerobars = not great but doable
Newly extra poochy mommy tummy + aerobars = So. Not. Happening.

And I got all this crunchy backed, ouchy bottomed, burny quad goodness for the low, low price of 5 miles in 20 minutes.

Oy.

3 comments:

jbmmommy said...

It can only get better from there. Good for you for getting back in the saddle. And yeay to the little guy for napping well.

Sixteen Chickens said...

I miss riding my bike so much I was dreaming about it the other night. The good thing about dreaming about riding... no sore parts.

Unknown said...

Way to seize the opportunity, Siren!