Sunday, February 10, 2008

Too Pretty to Eat

The other night I was staring down some of my biggest problems (my currently insatiable appetite, my corresponding inability to lose weight and a fridge overflowing with leftovers and the recent organic veggie delivery). So I got creative. Did you know it's possible to use 7 vegetables in one dinner? And use the leftover rice, leftover chicken and the last of that cranberry apple chutney we canned last year?

I love it when I'm basically cleaning out the fridge and still manage to make something that's incredibly healthy, low calorie and too pretty to eat.

6 comments:

LBTEPA said...

MMMMMMMMM!
When I clean out my fridge most stuff is only fit for compost

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Can I come over??

brendaj said...

I love how colorful it is!!

Iron Jayhawk said...

Oooh.

That looks divine! I'm jealous.

I have such mental issues eating leftovers.

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Dibs on the grilled zucchini!!
Thanks for your comment - where is you email link???
Jenny

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Oh, that's healthy stuff? See, where I am right now what I saw was grape jello cubes, fudge-striped shortbread, and melon pieces. Hmm. I've been getting caught up on blog reading and it looks like you're getting back at it! I'll cross my fingers for you that it starts warming up soon. I loved your crunch-baked-OY cycling post.