Saturday, August 23, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

Just got THE BEST call from my buddy Regner. He's come to the dark side, y'all.

He did his first triathlon this morning. The first words out of his mouth were "OMG, that was the most exhilarating experience of my life!" And then, "I can't wait to sign up for another one!"

He's the one who taught me how to swim, got me out in his lake and helped me learn to handle my fear of open water. Without his help, I literally wouldn't be a triathlete. When he called earlier this week to say he signed up for a race and asked "what do I, ya know, do?" of course I fell all over myself to help him get ready.

He gave me the lowdown on this morning's race (pretty sure he finished top 10 in his wave, he's so fit it's crazy he hasn't done this before), thanked me for my support (which I find ironic because without him I'd be nowhere) and made me promise to race with him next summer.

I.Can't. Wait!


July 2006, Regner got me though my first open water swim race.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's terrific, Siren!

LBTEPA said...

Yay! You are a good influence on everyone :)

Sixteen Chickens said...

Go Regner!

Duane said...

That is awesome! And as 21st Century Mom would say . . . "Welcome to the crack house!" LOL