Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Starting Fresh

First of all, I want to say an enormous Thank You to everyone for your incredible support over my last post.

I debated long and hard about publishing that because I was afraid people would think I was whining. I'm forever grateful for your kinds words, and for making me see I'm not alone.

In other news...

When I got my 5:55 am Baby Bear wake-up call Sunday morning, the first thought I had was "huh, I should be lining up for my half-marathon right now."

The only thing worth getting up at ridiculous o'clock for other than a race.

I'm happy to report I was not sad, just calmly accepting of what had to be this time around. And happy for the racers who did run that it was a gorgeous, unseasonably cool 75 degree day. (OK, maybe a leeeetle bit jealous I couldn't do it on such an amazing day. But not sad.)

When I got up the plantar fasciitis in my left foot - which hadn't bothered me in weeks - kicked in. I think it was my body's way of trying to make me feel better. Reminding me I really am still injured and the DNS was the right choice.

I'm also getting along pretty well with The Calorie Nazi. I still hate him and his ruthless math and how I just can't slip those s'mores by him. And until I can get back into a regular workout schedule again I'm not even letting my occasional secret lovers Ben and Jerry into the house.

But I've now lost about 9 of that 11 I'd regained and am feeling more motivated than ever to keep going, so it's all good.

I feel like I've turned a mental corner. I'm still overwhelmed with work and Baby Bear and lack of sleep and exercise, but I feel like I'm finally starting to get a handle on it. I feel ready to move on and continue this journey through weight loss and triathlon in a way I haven't since the pregnancy, and I have y'all to thank for it.

I can't express how much I appreciate your continued support. You've gotten me through some dark spots, and I'm so grateful to know you're out there. I look forward to seeing - and reading - more of you now that I'm coming back into the light.

5 comments:

Renee said...

After seeing a link to your last post on another blog, I had to read your entire blog from start to finish. It took me the better part of a day, but it was totally worth it! You are such an inspiration! Oh, and by the way, I saw some of the pictures of you and your son...and you are gorgeous! Thanks for the great blog!

Trisaratops said...

ARGHTLTHIGONGIEIWOTNOBI!!!!!!!!!

The CUTENESS!

Sorry...got sidetracked. :)

You did the right thing DNS'ing. (That's not really grammatically correct, but you get the point) Glad you are feeling better. The Nuun fairy has a package on its way, too! :)

Melissa said...

I love your blog and am so glad you blog because otherwise I would have never met you. I love your honesty and openess with us. I'm glad you are coming back into the light and I know that everything you have been through you will be able to use to better your life even more.

I cannot wait to read where your journey takes you next.

Your buddy,
Melissa

Kim Herring said...

I love the term "asshat" from your previous post and I find that those people are what makes me stronger. I will always be the slow, back of the pack triathlete but when I am on the starting line of any race I just think of the thousands of people in my community who aren't there. Hell, half of them probably don't even know what a triathlon is - so I say cheers to you sista for having the fortitude to continue in spite of asshats and injuries. It's what we do and I for one have triathlon in the blood.

jbmmommy said...

The post was great, but then again you know I'm a long time fan of your blog. You're doing a great job of juggling it all, dealing with motherhood (and some injuries) will always throw curveballs- you'll get to where you want to be. You're going to be a great role model for Baby Bear on how to live a healthy, active lifestyle. Take care.