Friday, August 04, 2006

Am I official now?

Today I got my first blister from running : D

It was my first real attempt at running since my injury and it went great. I stuck with the heart rate monitor for the first 2 miles or so, which for me right now means jogging with short walk intervals to bring HR back into range. But for about the last 3/4 mile I turned off the annoying little 'out of range' beep and just ran to see how long I could keep it up. My HR was awfully high, but I felt fine and when the 3.1 rolled around I didn't feel like I had to stop.

Noticeably slower than I was before the injury and starting to train with a monitor - the final run varied between a 13:20 and 14:30 pace - but feels better overall and it's easier to go longer, so I guess I'm doing something right. Dunno why I got a blister - didn't even notice it until late tonight - but I don't care. I was actually excited to have the proof I ran today.

No comments: