Thursday, August 03, 2006

Happy Little Swimmers

I finally got the pix from the swim race on July 15th. The quality isn't the best - they're scans of copies of prints (I now officially, with a tearful heart, reluctantly admit I prefer digital over film, at least for everyday applications) - but I'm happy to have any record of such a great day.

Me, Regner and Swim Coach Marcy showin' off our race numbers.


The big start.

View of the course. It's a biiiiiig lake. Still can't believe I swam it without a hint of panic.

My big finish. (The clock time is slightly off my officially recorded time of 47:17)

Happy post-race swimmers. There are no words for how happy it made me to come out of the water to the cheers of the two people responsible for teaching me to swim.

2 comments:

Spandex King said...

Good for you!! You have come along way. Keep pushing and you can accomplish all of your dreams.
Gosh, thats sounds kind of corny, LOL. But so true. It all starts with a dream or some wacky idea.
Oh no, another corny statement. I'd better shut up.
Great job, I'm proud of you.

Mojo said...

Great pictures! That is a good swim time too. I always hate looking at the frenzied swim start, it scares me. I really don't like people swimming ON me.

Looks like you have some wonderful friends too. :)