Friday, August 11, 2006

Dear Cycling and Running

I'm so sorry. It's not what you think.

It was just a fling - a silly little summertime dalliance. It meant nothing, I swear. You know I love you, right? I'd never break up with you for swimming, I promise. You know better than to even think that.

I know, I know, it's been a couple of weeks. But I'm confident we have a strong enough relationship to survive spending a little bit of time apart. Anyway, there were extenuating circumstances. School is starting again and that means Swim Coach Marcy is going back to being a swim coach for while - I had to practice with her as much as possible. See? Not breaking up with you. You need to know that I love swimming too, and understand that we've had such a rocky relationship until now it was important I spend this extra time with it.

Tell you what, let me make it up you.

How about a nice 20 miler in the country this weekend, cycling? Huuuuh? Doesn't that sound like fun? Lots of fresh air in your tires and extra lube on your chain. We'll take a couple bottles of Performance and a Luna Bar - it'll be like a picnic!

And running.... how would you like to go to Montana with me next week? Yeah? Shhhh... don't tell swimming and cycling, they can't come along. This will be our little secret.

Are we cool now? Good. I've got plenty of love to go around for all three of you. I promise.

3 comments:

Mojo said...

They'll forgive you, I'm sure of it!

Hope you had a great ride this weekend. :)

P said...

this is a riot!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Ahh...the constant balancing act :-) If only our real-life flings were as understanding!!!