Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Bound to Happen Sooner or Later

Mind: This is so great! Got my trainer, got my videos, can't wait to get back into things! HEY!! Maybe we should look into those single-leg drill thingies we keep reading abou...

Body: *ahem*

Mind: YEAH! And I'll get some Spinnervals! I saw a triathlon training pack on eBay!

Body: *ahem* Excuse me...

Mind: Wha...huh?

Body: I hate to interupt, but I'd like to you meet someone. A lot of someones, actually.

Mind: What are you talking about?

Body: May I introduce... the candida family?

Mind: But... never... not once...

Body: Yeah - you have any idea how lucky you are? These guys are the scourge of women cyclists and here you've been, merrily riding along for 3 years. They were bound to pay you a visit.

Mind: Awwww shit. There goes my training schedule for the week.

Body: Wanna here the best part?

Mind: I doubt it.

Body: The doctor gave us a nice little brochure with helpful information. It says to avoid swimsuits, tight fitting materials and sweaty gym clothes.

Mind: Where's the punch line?

Body: *silence*

Mind: Yeah. 'Fraid of that. Guess we're screwed, huh?

5 comments:

jbmmommy said...

That stinks, hope the family leaves soon.

Maybe some wicking type underclothes would be alright, but it's probably not worth the risk of prolonging things.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

"that stinks" - no pun intended??

Seriously, though, 2 words: sleep naked. Very good for discouraging, um, unwelcome guests that we women tend to get.

strem said...

You really crack me up.

Even though the subject isn't serious (sorry!), you're hilarious.

LBTEPA said...

eewww. Bummer.
Hang in there, this will slow you down but not stop you. Geekgirl has it right - get some air down there ;)
take care

Veeg said...

Aw, ick!

I'll second the sleepin' nekkid suggestion. I'm sure the husband won't mind. ;)