Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Obligatory January Post

The gym was crowded with New Year's Resolutioners. It was hard to get a treadmill. The pool had more people than usual. Maybe by the time I'm allowed to swim again it will have settled back to normal.

Now that I've done my January blogging duty... here's the real post:

I went to do LSD but couldn't make myself stay that slow today. Instead I did a 50:00 5K, jogging most of it at a 15:50 pace with a couple of 4 min walk breaks. HR was still too high (160s-170s) but better than it used to be, and my breathing was almost yoga easy for most of it. I know I shouldn't cheat on the LSD, but I'm happy to have run and now I fell all relaxed and noodley.

Mmmm.... noodles. Think I'll go eat now.

4 comments:

Spandex King said...

Good for you, stay at it, stay happy!!!

Sixteen Chickens said...

Noodley... I'm hungry too, move over. :)

Veeg said...

Great run, chica!

The fact that you're breathing easy at the higher heartrate means your anaerobic fitness is improving, too. It's a Good Thing.

I actually haven't had a problem w/ Resolutionistas this year. I guess no one's fighting for the spin bikes at 8:30 at night, and the pool lanes are moderately more populated when the gym opens. . . but that means 3 lanes of people instead of 0. ;)

Habeela said...

50 minutes?! Where's the happy dance?!