Friday, January 12, 2007

Event of the Season

I'm so excited about tonight I can't STAND it!!

We got invited to go downtown for a thing with some friends and the minute I heard about it I was all over it.

Of course, I wasn't thrilled when I found out it's at midnight, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

And I'm not totally in love with the idea that I'll be in the car for 3 hours tonight to see a 45 minute show.

And we can't even go downtown early enough for me to take care of buying new running shoes because we can't leave until after Bogart's insulin shot, which means we won't get to Chicago until 9:30 (when we're meeting friends for drinks).

But I'm still super, super excited.

Because... (you're gonna love this)

We've got tickets to... (you're not gonna believe what a total dork I am!)

wait for it.....

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - The Musical: A Sing Along!!

(and the crowd goes wild...)

I. Can't. WAIT!! The Music Box Theater has a midnight show series and this came up on the schedule. It's actually one episode of a TV show and yeah, I own the DVD. And have the soundtrack in my car. But come on, how do you not go to the public Sing Along with hundreds of other dorks who also know all the words?

Some of our friends are even going both nights :D

6 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Oh...my...god...

You ARE a dork, but that's HILARIOUS!!! Have a great time!

Born To Endure said...

OK...I just snorted..this is so funny..but let me know what a great time you had...LOL.

Sixteen Chickens said...

I have the feeling I am an even bigger dork because I don't know what Buffy the Vampire Slayer is. I think it is a TV show? I've never seen it, but I hope you enjoy singing along to it. *face is making weird contortions between happiness and bewilderment*

Unknown said...

I'm a dork right along with you ... but it's not playing here so you'll have to sing for me!

strem said...

I'm laughing so hard right now. No wonder you were excited!!!!

Veeg said...

Hi. I am totally, completely, utterly jealous.

Yours in dorkitude,
Veeg