Monday, June 25, 2007

Apparently I've Got Connections

Had a follow up appointment for my shoulder with PT Chris today (diagnosis: it's about 75% back to normal and healing is progressing slowly but nicely.)

As usual we were chatting about tri stuff and somehow Kona came up in the conversation. She said her brother's done it a few times; he doesn't have to worry about qualifying because "his buddy Dave" can get him into the race.

Me: Uuuumm... his buddy Dave?

PT Chris: Yeah - Dave Scott.

Me: (Incredulous) Your brother knows Dave Scott?

PTC: Yeah - they're Boulderites. Hey, would you like an autographed picture?

Me: (Momentarily speechless) Uuuum, you can do that? You know Dave Scott?

PTC: Yeah, I know Dave.

Me: (Thinking "Dave." She calls him "Dave.") Wow. Yes. Thank you - that would be amazing.

So, next time she visits her brother, she's going to talk to "Dave" (or as I would probably call him if we ever crossed paths "OMG You're Dave Scott") and see if she can get me an autographed picture.

Holy crap. I don't know if it will actually work out, but the fact that she even offered is so far off the cool scale it doesn't even compute.

7 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Dude! You can get an autographed photo of Dave Scott? ;) Sorry dear, I just had to. :)

jbmmommy said...

That does sound cool.

But I want to hear about the race!

Fe-lady said...

Dave is THE MAN! A WAY long time ago I attended a tri camp put on by Colleen Cannon (does anyone remember her?) and Dave's wife (who was a nationally classed swimmer) was in charge of the swim stroke clinics-and we got transported in the Scott's van to the pool! Dave will always be the King of Kona in my mind...lucky you if you get the autographed photo! That's a keeper for sure...you had better "share" it with us! :-)

Lisa said...

*jaw drop* That's so cool!!

And where is the race report? I wanna hear what Baby thought of his/her first race! (And what Mama thought too!)

Congrats on racing!

LBTEPA said...

*fans self*
oooooooooooooooh!

getwell said...

Looks like PTC can hook you up with The Man. Go for it! As for my own brush with tri-fame, I got a photo & autograph of Dave Scott in Boston years ago ('92?) before his Kona comeback. Also, I met Greg Welch (my idol!) when doing a tri in PA in '93(?)--boy, is he short! Both mtgs were totally inspirational and empowering!

Tony said...

I love watching the old footage of Dave Scott at Kona. He was a tough SOB that is for sure.