Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just a Few More Days

In just a few more days, I will start my rituals.

In just a few more days, I will stand in front of a wall of numbers and feel the thrill of seeing my name on it.

In just a few more days, I will watch in wonder as a Sharpie transforms me into a competitor.

In just a few more days I will feel the collective energy of my sisters, and be swept away.

In just a few more days I will once again throw myself at the mercy of the gods of triathlon, give them all I can spare and hope to be found worthy.

In just a few more days I will do these things with all the requisite joy and reverence, but this time I also do them with a newfound appreciation.

Because this time I'm bringing my future along for the ride.

13 comments:

Dances with Corgis said...

Nice post!

Best of luck at the race :)

jbmmommy said...

I look forward to hearing all about it. Best of luck, enjoy and be safe (meant in a supportive, not preachy, way).

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Have a good time, and be safe! (Meant in a TOTALLY preachy and supportive way.)
You'll have to make sure you get pictures at this one, so you can show the future mini-you his/her first triathlon. :-)

Anonymous said...

"Because this time I'm bringing my future along for the ride"

oh there you go making me cry at work.

Be careful out there, watch out for lunatics in the swim course...

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

"Because this time I'm bringing my future along for the ride."

I'm with jessie, darnit. No Crying At Work!

I'm so darned excited for you!

TriGirl 40 said...

Where's my tissue, too!

Have an awesome and amazing race! (and thanks for the Nuun information - I can't wait to try it!)

Sixteen Chickens said...

Ummm I gee, I'm honored, but I don't think I'm really your future. ;) (Ok, you can hit me in the arm for that one on Saturday.)

Kim Herring said...

Have fun in the race! That was a two kleenex post. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Lisa said...

So exciting!!

I can't wait to hear all about it!

Unknown said...

This is a race report I'm really looking forward to! I can't wait. You're going to have a blast, because you're going into this with the proper attitude and resolve.

Anonymous said...

Wish you the best of luck! We look forward to hearing the report.

panasonic massage chairs

Diane said...

Hope you and your destiny (or is that progeny?) have a great race!!!

Melissa said...

Email me your phone number so I get to meet you and Wylee tomorrow. If I don't meet you guys I'll cry.

Melissa
Mommymeepa@aol.com