Monday, June 11, 2007

How Cool is This?

I was cruising the cereal aisle the other day and did a double take... was that... omg, was that a picture of someone in tri gear? And why does he look familiar?

It took me a second to register what I was seeing.

A triathlete - Hunter Kemper, to be specific. On a box of Wheaties.

How totally cool is that?!

I found a press release that stated it was the first time a triathlete has ever been featured on a Wheaties box. I think it's great our pros are finally getting some of the public recognition they so richly deserve.

(Of course I bought it. Wheaties are a staple for me anyway. Hell, I'd have bought it even if I had a case of cereal back home in the pantry.)

2 comments:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Woo-hoo! I was wondering not too long ago how long it would be before triathletes were given the same acolades as other professional atheletes.

Sixteen Chickens said...

I better go down the cereal isle...