Sunday, January 29, 2006

Check!

Been meaning to do it for ages, this bullet point on my To Do list. Today I finally sat down for 10 minutes and did it - piece of cake! Don't know why I put it off for so long, there was no doubt I was going.

I officially have a hotel reservation in Madison so I can volunteer at IMWI.

Some people were concerned about the hotels being all booked up, but I wasn't really. It's a Big Ten town - that means they've got hotel facilities for tens of thousands of football fans (I speak as Big Ten alum) - so I figured the thousands of IMWI participants and volunteers would not strain their space too much. I was right - the hotels closest to the venue are booked, but there are still a good number of less expensive rooms to go around, and even more of the expensive ones.

If anyone is thinking about it, go here: Visit Madison. Follow the link at the bottom of the page for Ironman Wisconin lodging. They provide info on how far it is from the race and everything, and easy on-line reservations.

3 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Oh cool! That sounds like fun! Are you taking the hubs with you?

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Nope, no hubby - he's not remotely interested. We have very different hobbies and he's fine with me wandering around the country doing tri stuff. Since IMWI is my ultimate goal and we know so many bloggers racing it, I really wanted to go help out. I'm hoping to find a tri-geeked out girlfriend interested in tagging along, maybe rooming together.

Sixteen Chickens said...

My hubby doesn't care for triathlon either. In fact when I have the TiVo set up to tape tri-something-or-other and it cuts into his programming he justs shuts it off. Can you believe that? I wonder how long it would take me to ride my bike to Madison? It's about a 6 hour drive on the Interstate at 65mph. :)