Saturday, January 14, 2006

Lucky Day

Friday the 13th has always been my lucky day, and yesterday was no different!

I had a meeting with a potential client; the premise being a marketing firm needed content for their website. The 'marketing firm' turned out to be a home-based professional like me, too busy doing client work to get her own promotional materials together, like me (I've been trying to finish my own 1-page brochure for over 6 months!) Anyway, we clicked instantly, talked for two hours, and I walked away with a contract to do an urgent document rewrite she didn't have time to finish for her client this week... and when that's done we'll go back to talking about her website. So, my free and easy weekend is now in panic mode, but when you're getting your freelance career off the ground (i.e. one step away from a return to Ramen) you take it where you can get it! Especially when it's coming from a client with 'repeat business' written all over it.

Then I got home to find a message from a local business journal wanting to know if I can ghost write articles for their clients! That's only one of my core goals!

Then I had a client check in the mail I'd been waiting for!

Definitely a good day, especially since it started with a good workout. Which, btw, I'm paying for today. Apparently my triumphant return to the gym was a little too triumphant for my not-worked-in-a-month muscles. Now I'm going to find out if the cure for lactic acid is an hour of running intervals...

No comments: