Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Cursed

They say depression also depresses the immune system. Mine's already inadequate - part of being hypothyroid. Anyway, guess it's true. Went to bed with that ominous sore-throat tickle and the beginnings of a stuffy head. Took an allergy shot just in case - on wet rainy days (like the twilight zone weather yesterday) mold counts shoot up, and I can have allergy attacks so severe I think I've got a cold or the flu, but then a little bit of Allegra and some shots and I'm good as new in a day.

No such luck this time. Woke up with a killer sinus infection.

Ooooooh yeah. Just lovin' January.

3 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

I swear by Thera-cold drops and vitamin C drops. I've been able to nip three colds in the bud (remember I worked in close contact with small children all through the holiday season) in the past two months. The one cold I got was from not taking the thera-cold soon enough. Trust me on this one, I'm hypothyridic too, and the doc is messing with my "level" as I type... which is probably why I've been so cranky lately... naw, it's the candy deprivation, who am I kidding? (Queen of the run-on sentence) Stay in bed, rest, make the hubby get you some vit C and thera-cold. :)

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the tip... I will say even though this bites I can't complain too much. Leaving the corporate world was the best thing for my health I've ever done - I spent the last year practically illness-free, a welcome respite from my usual routine of a cold every 8 weeks or so. (I can give you some competition for those run-ons!)

Now I'm going to drop into a NyQuil stupor and wait for him to get home with the lotiony kind of kleenex : )

Lisa said...

I feel your pain... I hope you're feeling better soon. I'll let you know how those swab things work out!