Monday, January 09, 2006

Nightmare? Or New Sport?

Last night I had a seriously bizarro dream - one of those dreams that feel totally real, like there's no doubt it's happening at the time even though you're saying to yourself "huh, I don't remember an ocean at the south end of the U of I campus."

So OK. Here it goes. I was racing in a short-ish sprint distance pseudo-Xterra kind of tri being run around U of I. Nothing too strange there, right? (except for the obvious "wha?!" factor of U of I campus having "off road" elements - I mean it's not that odd for a triathlete who went to UIUC to dream about a tri around the school).

Here's the bizarro factor of this race. At each transition... drumroll please... you had to take a calculus test before you could run the next leg.

Oh, and I guess it was a little weird that transitions were in dorm rooms.

4 comments:

Oldman said...

hey maybe you just invented a new type of tri...but calculus before each leg?

Sixteen Chickens said...

Girl a math test (calculus OMFreakin'G) definitely qualifies that dream as a NIGHTMARE!

Violet said...

I would so not finish that tri....calculus...ugh..

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

I know it seems like a bad idea... but I loved calculus (weeeelll - until I got to Differential Equations (which I failed - but I blame that on the 90 year old misogynist professor as much as myself). I would totally sign up for a race like that! Might be my only chance to upgrade my status from "back of packer" to "age group winner".

But yeah - I'm guessing as a sport this probably wouldn't take off, huh? : )