Sunday, January 08, 2006

A Learning Experience

Still ridiculous sick, but finally starting to come through the other side of it. My husband and I agreed that this is by far the sickest I've ever been, ever ever ever.

I was actually too sick to read or watch TV for several days - too much head-pounding, dizzyness, etc. Couldn't concentrate on anything but sitting still and being miserable. It was fantastic.

By yesterday I improved enough that I could move from bed to couch and managed to watch some TV. Can I just say for the record I love having 800 gazillion digital cable channels?! I never used to care, but my husband is an engineer, so we tend to be "early adopters" - and then I get spoiled by the technology.

I can now truthfully say this illness has been a learning experience. I learned an alternate theory about Cleopatra's death; I learned about yet another guy's search for Atlantis; I learned all about artificial insemination for stud horses; I caught up on some classic musical theater; I learned about hauntings in English castles; and somewhere in there I learned that Theresa lied to Ryan about losing the baby so he'd go back to live with the Cohens.

Today I plan to learn who the Bears will be playing next week, about the reign of Henry the 8th, and if Ryan and Marissa get back together.

4 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

You've probably already seen this because it made national news and I know your laid up and watching a lot of tv but here's the link just in case you didn't. It sounds an awful lot like what happened to your dog. The company is offering to pay vet bills.

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5953971/detail.html?rss=col&psp=news

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Thanks for the heads-up; I did check it out just to be safe. I actually can't stomach regular news broadcasts - they tend to be too dumbed down for my taste. I read newsmagazines and online news stories. I've taken this sick time to catch up on my History Channel, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Science Channel - all the usual geek watering holes. : D

Karma originally got sick because she ate greasy aluminum foil; she was a habitual garbage-forager and it was my fault I didn't properly lock the can in the pantry. Had that been all, she'd have had some GI distress, a bout with pancreatitis, and still be with us. The underlying problem turned out to be cancer.

Sixteen Chickens said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! It's about time. ;) Your poor little puppy, it always upsets me to hear about the loss of a pet. Have you been able to talk about it with the gym girls?

ShesAlwaysWrite said...

Technically no, but only because I've been too sick to be at the gym. I'm at the point where I can talk about it like a normal human being now, so when I do go back (maybe tomorrow? depends on the cough) and talk to them it will be ok.