Friday, June 02, 2006

Geekin' Out

I'm totally geekin' out over my latest equipment purchases!

Got my snazzy new Polar M32 heart rate monitor... more on this in a later post, for the moment suffice it to say this is some of the best money I've ever spent on any piece of fitness equipment. Gotta send a shout-out to Flatman for giving sound advice to this HR monitor newbie on this intimidating purchase. I took his advice and am very, very happy with the end result. The icing on the cake was finding one new in the box on eBay for $30 less than sticker.



Got my too-cool-for-school Giro Atmos... dude. The thing looks fast just sittin' there on my counter. I giggle every time I pick it up - it's just so darn light! Can't wait to take it for a ride tomorrow.
(Btw... I got it on eBay. Pristine, in the box, for at least $50 less than I'd have paid in a shop. Transaction was smooth as silk; if you know what you're looking for in this area you should check out this guy's bike helmet eBay store.)

To recap, here's what I've gotten so far this year (when I'm kinda broke and wasn't going to spend any money on gear or do more than one race.)

Carnac TRS8X Cycling Shoes... $225

Speedplays... $125

Bike fitting (discounted)... $75

Tri-Geek Jersey... $55

Architecturally sound running bra... $60

Triathlon themed running socks... $15

Bike tune-up, spare tubes, handlebar wrap and new bottle... $70

Polar M32 Heart Rate Monitor... $90

Giro Atmos... $160

Race registrations (2 sprints)... $160

Hotel costs for races... $200

Husband who just rolls his eyes and lets me use his PayPal funds to buy stuff because he's happy that I'm happy livin' the tri-life... Priceless

1 comment:

riderpitts said...

cant put a price on your health