Sunday, June 18, 2006

Making Lemonade

I've basically resigned myself to not racing next weekend... BUT!!

I realized that this is the perfect opportunity to gather potential stories for the Back of the Pack book project!

So between now and next weekend I'll be:
- create an online questionnaire, so people who don't want to talk in person can submit information
- building an informational web page devoted to the project
- printing up some business cards with the website on it

Once I establish verbally someone is interested in talking to me about it, I can hand out the cards so they can get in touch when they're not in race recovery mode.

I'm getting excited about this project. Maybe being forced to volunteer instead of compete is a blessing in disguise. I can meet a lot more people this way, and hopefully help share some of the amazing stories out there with the rest of the world.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I promise, I'm trying to come up with the right explanation for my story. It's hard to explain how my boyfriend breaking up with me for a triathlete (we did eventually get back together, and have been together since) brought about my love of triathlons....

It's coming. I might do better talking about it via IM if you wanted to do that. I don't even really know what to say.

Hope your injuries get better soon, but maybe scrapping this weekend's race is a good thing. It might help get rid of some of the nagging issues.