Monday, June 12, 2006

Got Off Easy

Doctor says supraspinatus tendonitis with possible impingement.

I have to take Naprosyn twice a day and lay off swimming for a week. Thankfully I'm still allowed to bike and run, although he said to avoid the aero position until it's healed.

After a week of rest and anti-inflammatories he said I can go for an easy 200-300 yard test swim and see how it feels. No pain, I'm allowed to do a 400 yard test swim. No pain after that, I'm allowed to race. If it's a problem, I need to abort and he'll write me a medical excuse to defer the race entry.

After I limp through the races I have to ease back into swimming. No sprint repeats for a while!

1 comment:

Bolder said...

injuries are always frustrating.

looks like you've got a sensible game plan...

and a reasonable doc.