Thursday, December 14, 2006

Cue The Music

'Cause I'm doin' the happy dance!

This was only my 4th dedicated LSD workout, and to my absolute shock there was a measurable improvement. Today I was pacing roughly 25 seconds per mile faster than I was 2 weeks ago at the same HR!!

This pace (15:45) was definitely pushing the envelope of how fast I can walk without serious discomfort, so after going that speed for long enough to convince myself it wasn't a fluke (about 10 minutes) I took y'all's advice and started playing with the incline. It worked like a charm, and even though I reduced my speed each time I increased the incline, once I adjusted to it after a minute or so I found my HR actually slowing down and I'd have to bump the pace back up. It was great!!

Just to remind Body what this is all about I jogged for 5 minutes at the end of my 40 minutes at a nearly freakin' perfect 140 HR (+/- 2-3 BPM). Even though I only increased enough to cross the walk/jog threshold - to a 15:00 pace - the ol' HR instantly jumped to 158, and then drifted until it stabilized at 168.

Here's the thing - I felt GREAT. Usually by minute 55 of a workout I'm ready to keel over, but I felt fantastic and had to talk myself into stopping (real world, work, all that jazz).

So - YAY!!! LSD works. I know I can't continue to expect crazy fast results like this indefinitely, but it sure was nice to get them this time to keep me going. I am a bit worried about reaching the walk/jog crossover speed (if this progress keeps up it'll only be another few weeks) and how that will feel. Since my HR always skyrockets by 30 or more BPM when my body shifts from walking to jogging I can't help thinking the transition won't be smooth.

But I can't think about that right now - I've got some dancin' to do.

7 comments:

Veeg said...

Hooray!

Trisaratops said...

Yahoooooooooooooo!

*does happy dance in C-Town for you*

Nicely done! :)

jbmmommy said...

I think you just convinced me to give LSD, the workout, a try.

Nice job, it's always exciting to see realy improvements.

:) said...

Now that's some good news!

Anonymous said...

Good job and way to stick with it. I hope you continue to see this type of progress for the near future.

Make sure to let us know how the walking to jogging transition plas out.

-Rocks

Lisa said...

Whoo hoo! Sounds like a great workout! :)

You're jealous of my mileage, I'm jealous of your breakthroughs. :)

Habeela said...

That is soooo awesome! I had a great LSD walk/jog on Sunday as well - yes, that's right - jogging! It was a shuffle but a definite jog! :) Keep it up!