Saturday, December 02, 2006

Snow Day

Highlights from Friday's adventures with blizzard conditions.

Kona's perplexed reaction to his first real snow encounter - but he only sat there for a second before he went crazy with joy.


I discovered the funniest possible way to make a Shepherd lose his mind: throwing snowballs. We did this for a whiiiile - and he never got tired of it.


"But why won't you come out and play with me?"


This gives you a pretty good idea of the quantity of snow we're talking about.


Ahhh... Midwestern cardio at its best. This took nearly 2 hours.

7 comments:

Triteacher said...

I am so jealous! We in Wisconsin only got a lousy inch or so, but my Weimaraner loves the snow & snowball chasing too. He & Kona (awesome name, BTW) must be around the same age (11 months) cuz this is Piper's first real snow too.

Melissa said...

I have had so much fun with my kids in the snow. We played and shoveled for about 2 1/2 hours yesterday and hit the local sledding hill today. What fun we had. Happy snowing everybody!! Melissa

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I wish we would at least get some snow, instead of the dry, bitter cold and wind. Hey, I've been meaning to ask you, have you ever eaten at the Chicago Diner?

Lisa said...

Wow! I wish we could have gotten some of that snow! We only got an inch or two.

I love throwing snowballs for dogs in the snow. They get so confused! My sister's (actually now he's my mom's) dog Pudge is a long haired miniature dachshund and he had a blast doing that.

:) said...

WOW. What is that stuff?

RunBubbaRun said...

I just had to use the snow shovel for my part of town. if I would have gotten that I would have gotten back into bed.

Veeg said...

You? Are the sweetest, but Kona is a close second. :)