Thursday, December 07, 2006

Interesting New Ouch

My quads ache along the outer edge of my legs. That's never happened before. It's a goofy place and I can't quite figure out how to stretch it.

I refrained from mentioning this interesting new muscle pain before now because I wasn't sure if it was from the first super-fast-walk LSD workout, or from... (can't believe I even have to admit this twice in like a month)... let's call it 'recently enthusiastic marital relations.'

But, I did the super-fast-walk LSD again today and sure enough my legs ache in the same place again tonight, so I'm ready to conclude that's the cause.

Anybody know how to stretch such a goofy spot?

6 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Hmmmmm...is it the muscle that runs from your hip to your knee on the outer side of your legs? If so, sounds like it could be ITB? I do lots of stretching after every time I run since I have friends who have trouble with ITB and I see how much it blows...kinda hard to explain but I bend the left leg a little, cross my straighter right leg over the left, and lean my hip to the right to feel the stretch...then I do the opposite to stretch the other side.

Hopefully that helps....! Hee hee...sounds like you've been "busy..." ;)

Trisaratops said...

Wait...actually I think I put the straight leg behind the one that's slightly bent. I just got up to try and do it. People are looking at me funny.

:)

jbmmommy said...

I know it's more for hips, but if I sit with my left leg out to the front and my right leg bent over my left and pull the right leg in as close to my chest as I can, it seems to stretch everything on the outside of the right leg.

Sounds sort of like Sara's stretch anyway. We always called it the pantyhose stretch, because it looks like something out of a L'Eggs commercial.

Good luck.

Triteacher said...

LOL! Guess we know how NOT to stretch it. I have nothing useful to offer you, but wish you speedy healing.

RunBubbaRun said...

You can try to warm up 1st before your super speedy-walk LSD with a slow walk. Not sure if that helps but I don't stretch to much before and little afterwards.

Fe-lady said...

Get a foam roller! (coreperformance.com)- it will roll away soreness in places you never knew you had soreness! :-)