Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Mental Challenge

My first LSD workout after my epiphany and enthusiastic decision to dedicate myself over the next several months to proper Zone 2 training was a major challenge.

I was very, very slow today and struggled to keep my HR 140-145. I did 35 min, pacing between 18:45 and 17:40, with the majority of the workout at 18:10. Last week I was able to pace in the low 16s with my easily at HR 135-140.

It was mentally tough and very frustrating but I stuck it out for 35 minutes (not counting all the warm-up and cool down time, of course, which made it closer to an hour). I'm not going to give up on it the first day no matter how crappy it was. I just keep telling myself it's all part of the process.

I didn't sleep much last night - maybe 4 hours. I don't function well with less than 8 or 9. I wonder if that has something to do with it? (I sure hope I get that heart rate training book I requested for Christmas!)

1 comment:

Veeg said...

Not enough sleep will TOTALLY mess with your heartrate.

Get some rest, lady!