Saturday, December 09, 2006

Dreaming Big

Last night, honest to god, I dreamt I was doing an Ironman. In my dream I came out of the water with 40 minutes to spare and I finished the bike with an hour to spare.

Note how even in my dreams I'm working in terms of beating the cutoffs? ; )

There was, of course, goofy dream nonsense like wandering around lost in a crowded building trying to find transition, but in general it was one of those vivid, lifelike dreams and I felt perfectly reasonable doing what I was doing.

Of course, Kona woke me up before I saw how the marathon ended.

We just got a DVR (can I get a hallelujah?!) and last night I had my first digitally recorded triathlon experience. Lifetime Fitness Triathlon on a 50-inch HDTV baby!! (Can I get an AAAAAMEN?!?!) So I'm thinkin' maybe watching Hunter Kemper and company racing right before I went to sleep had something to do with my crazy Iron dreams...

4 comments:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Tivo, it's a good thing. Amen.

Born To Endure said...

I almost didn't make the cut-off for my first IMUSA...that has always haunted me..

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Whenever you can, lay down in a quiet moment and relive that dream! There's a lot of advice that encourages people to visualize doing races. Really experience it, imagine the sights, smells, sounds, how it feels, etc., from beginning to end. I've tried that before races and it helps me calm down.

Spandex King said...

Live the Dream, man. Just always wanted to say that. LOL