Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fair Trade

Woke up this morning, looked at the clock, rolled over and told Wonderful Husband "I should be about 10 miles into my half marathon right now."

WEIRD. But I guess I did my crying over this race a couple weeks ago, because I wasn't really anything but amused. And hungry. (That's my new Permanent State of Being - HUNGRY. In a Feed Me Seymour kind of way.)

So we did our Sunday Morning Thing - snuggled and talked about Things We Can't Afford and got in plenty of Cuddly Happy Dog Belly Rubs and made pancakes.

Since today was supposed to be a Major Event in my life and all we're doing something directly related to the whole reason I'm missing my race to kind of make up for it.

I'm armed with a dizzying array of Corporate Sponsored Baby Checklists and am off to the Extra Big Honkin Giganto Target to register for my shower. (Next weekend I'll suck it up, drive the 45 minutes and do the Babies R Spoiled Rotten With All This Crap registry.)

I guess it's a trade-off I can live with. Especially since the race people gave me the deferral to next year. I didn't so much as lose my race as postpone it 52 weeks or so.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Siren,

Sorry about your race, but at least you have a good perspective.

One thing about the Baby Registry to think about. . .

if most of your guests do not live by a Babies R Us then I would suggest not registering there. My sis-n-law registered at Babies R Us, Target, and Pottery Barn for kids. She got everything on her Target, quite a few things from Pottery Barn and not a lot from Babies R Us. That's because there is not one right by us. Where are you driving too? Vernon Hills? Just keep that in mind. She registered for most of her bigger items at Babies R Us. There are some Toys R Us that carrie baby items, so that might be a way to go. Just some food for thought.

Take care of you and Baby. You guys rock. When's the big due date?

LBTEPA said...

And what a great photo it will be - a baby in your arms and a finishers medal around your neck!
Have fun shopping :)

Sixteen Chickens said...

Thank goodness that first semester is over, you've moved out of the puke-athon to the eat-athon! Have fun at the shower!

Steve Stenzel said...

Great way of looking at it...

Good luck at the race in 52 weeks!....

Tony said...

It is cool that the race director is going to work with you and let you race next year.

Good luck to you in your future race a year away, I will be pulling for you.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Just think--you'll have a brand new cheering section!

TriGirl 40 said...

Good luck with the shower registry planning! And think your perspective about the 52 week deferral is great!

Unknown said...

So did you get the registration all taken care of. You never know what you might get from "virtual" friends!