Monday, August 27, 2007

IMWI Tri Blogger Meet Ups

This just in from Simply Stu...

IMWI Tri Blogger Meet Ups
Times:
Friday 11am
Friday 4pm
Saturday 11am

Location:
Corner of Wilson St and MLK Blvd. There is usually an Endless Pool in that area. If there IS, meet at the endless pool, if not, meet on the corner of Wilson and MLK.


(Map shamelessly stolen from Simply Stu.)


All reports are that there will be a very large number of people coming, so I assume that more detailed plans, such as people organizing groups to have meals together and setting up Tri Blogger cheering sections along the course, are expected to come from those of us hooking up at the time.

I'm going to try really hard to get to Madison in time (~2 hour trip) for the Friday afternoon meet-up, and I'll definitely be at the Saturday morning one. Would love to hear from anyone else who's going to be at the meetings and/or are looking for dinner plans Friday and/or Saturday.

Please pass this information on to anyone you know will be there!

6 comments:

Born To Endure said...

I'll be there..trying to hook up with the bloggers as well..thanks for keeping us posted!

Unknown said...

So lookin' forward to it, Siren!!! And Shelley, too!

Sixteen Chickens said...

I hope you have the best time EVAH! And please have a non-alcoholic drink for me!

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Yeah! Now it all is starting to feel real!

I'm driving in from Great Bend, IN that morning, so when I arrive really depends on Chicago traffic. (Blech.) I'll definitely be shooting for the 11:00 AM friday. If not, prolly the next morning will happen, since I want to do a drive by of the bike course sometime in the afternoon.

Wow. 12 days left.

Wow.

Kim Herring said...

I love spectating/volunteering at IM events. My next one is Kona but I heard that IMWI is a great event as well.

Have fun!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Geez-ironmanlive.com needs to have a special section where bloggers can go to post their whereabouts!!