Friday, August 31, 2007

Not Bad for a Pregnant Chick

I almost feel silly posting my meager accomplishments when the blogosphere is rife this week with tear-jerker race reports from IMLou and eloquent thoughts leading up to IMMoo.

Pregnant though I am, limited though I may be, I'm still a triathlete at heart and can't resist posting about my own training, even though I completely understand that my tiny voice will - and should - be drowned out in all the Iron shouting. I'm moved to post because it reminds me in the midst of the Iron frenzy that in some small way I really am still training, and in some small way I'm bringing myself that much closer to my own Ironman. Someday.

Long story short, here's the week I managed to put together:

Sunday - walk
Monday - off
Tuesday - swim
Wednesday - yoga
Thursday - walk
Friday - yoga

Five workouts in six days. I'm thinkin that's not to shabby for a pregnant chic.

10 comments:

Veeg said...

You are AWESOME!

Doing what you can, when you can is the PERFECT model of fitness for pregnancy. Not to mention the perfect model of fitness that you're already showing your little one!

LBTEPA said...

Darn, Veeg just said exactly what I was going to say - must be right then!
Well done :)

Unknown said...

I completely agree -- your training should absolutely be celebrated!

Anonymous said...

my that wouldn't be bad for a non-pregnant chick. keep it up, you are doing great!!!

Duane said...

Good job!

Steve Stenzel said...

Seriously, if I ever get pregnant, I'd have Pharmie stay home and rub my feet ALL DAY! You rock!!

TriGirl 40 said...

Pretty impressive - for anyone - so especially impressive for a mom to be!

Diane said...

Go you!!! You're doing great and I agree with all the prior posts. :)

Unknown said...

That's better than I did for 40yrs of my life. And only 2 of them I can blame on pregnancy. So I'm thinking, you ROCK.

Triteacher said...

What a nice perspective. Very well put. :)