Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Excuses, Excuses

Dear Training Log,

I know it's been a few days since you've heard from me. And I swear I was going to work out today. And yes, I realize it's dinnertime and nothing in my plans for the rest of the evening resembles exercise.

But today I had actual reasons for blowing off my Wednesday workout for the umpteenth week in a row. Not like all the other Wednesdays, when I was just being lazy.

You don't believe me? OK, here goes...

1) It's hot. Like, REALLY hot. So hot the dogs don't even want to go outside.

2) I had blogs to catch up on.

3) I had actual work to do.

4) Not to mention dishes to wash and laundry to put away.

5) And don't forget how much time it took to get mad at the maternity program health insurance website that refused to let me log in so I could finish their stupid assessment.

6) I had to go to the bank to make a deposit.

7) Then I had to get mad at the broken ATM and go stand in line to make the damn deposit.

8) I had to go to the grocery store to get milk.

9) Then I had to say a lot of really bad words loud enough for the neighbors to hear when the bag split open and the glass milk bottle shattered in the garage.

10) Then I had to pick broken glass out from between my toes. That's right - Bewteen. My. TOES!!

11) Then I had to call my husband and bitch about the stupid kid who failed to double bag the milk.

12) Then I had to clean the shattered glass and dirty milk off the garage floor.

13) Then I had to clean the milky watery ick off the driveway before it turned into a dried rotten smelly milky ick.

14) Now I've got to feed all the animals and make dinner for Wonderful Husband.

15) And I think I might need to rewash that load of clean laundry the cat's been sleeping on all day.

See, before I knew it the day was gone. I could technically get in a walk before dinner, but see #1. It's still 91 freakin degrees out there!

I promise I'll do better tomorrow.

8 comments:

jbmmommy said...

The only walking I can handle is on the beach where at least there's a breeze. We even busted out the air conditioners yesterday, electric bill be damned, they're predicting 5 of the next 7 days in the 90s. Yuck.

Dances with Corgis said...

So, did you cry over the spilt milk? ;)

Duane said...

Wow, what a day! Hang in there!

LBTEPA said...

well done not bursting into floods of tears - bad words are MUCH better.
take care

Triteacher said...

Hee, hee! It HAS been hot out, and the rest of that stuff was... vital? ;)

Sixteen Chickens said...

Dying Water Buffalo stole my line! Drat! Ok, well now let's hear from the calorie nazi. ;)

TriGirl 40 said...

What a day - and more than enough reasons to put off a workout till another day.

Unknown said...

Michelle,
I have a blog page now, just want to let you know, but i don't know how to add you yet.

Teri