Sunday, August 26, 2007

Perfect Morning

After a seemingly endless variety of adventures ranging from local flooding to migraines to tomato canning to my van needing repairs 3 times in 5 days, I managed to string together 9 days where I did precisely nothing resembling exercise.

So when I woke this morning to my version of a perfect day - sunny, low 70s with the mildest of breezes - I decided to drop everything ("everything" being laundry, bathroom cleaning, weed pulling and drywall patching) and carpe diem.

I took Kona for a lovely walk - just shy of 3 miles in just shy of an hour. The icing on the cake was the dog being shockingly well behaved for a teenage puppy monster who's been housebound from weeks of heavy rain.

But really, it just felt so damn good to get out of the house and move my body again.

Kona and I talked about it, and we agreed the only thing that could have made this walk any more perfect would have been a run.

4 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

What a great way to spend a beautiful day. And tell Kona "great job" on the good behavior!

Tony said...

Moving is awesome. On nice days it feels so great just to be outside. I am glad to hear you are feeling well. Any updates on the results of your friends doing the Ironman today?

Veeg said...

The weather this weekend was SO FANTASTIC!

Glad you got to enjoy it. :)

Sixteen Chickens said...

My brother just adopted a German Shepard... it's a retired police dog, but you know the one command he never learned in cop dog school? Yeah, to keep his big wet slobbering tongue in his mouth. And he has the biggest mouth I've EVER SEEN, plenty of room for that tongue. Anyway, he reminds me of Kona.