Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Recipe for Disaster

Halloween candy + 36.5 weeks pregnant = "How Much Weight Can I Really Gain in 3 Weeks?" Attitude

I have been pretty good. OK, not about exercising. I've pretty much SUCKED at that and haven't seen the gym in 10 days. (It's the insomnia, it's killing me.) I've been feeling so guilty about my general state of sloth that I haven't even been able to bring myself to read the tri blogs in a week because seeing how great everyone else is doing will just make me feel worse.

However, I will say I have been eating relatively healthy and still reporting (most of) my sins to The Calorie Nazi. My weight gain has been extremely controlled and is honestly pretty minimal.

But today all bets were off. Not only did I dive into the Halloween candy, I chased it with a Big Mac and fries.

Maybe I need to join the cult of Tanita. At this rate I think she may be the only deity to whom I can appeal for forgiveness of these heinous transgressions.

11 comments:

jbmmommy said...

No forgiveness is needed. Call it a pregnancy moment and move on- you've done a great job growing that little one, a splurge won't hurt. Take care.

Steve Stenzel said...

Ohhhh, a Big Mac and fries chaser. Dangerous....

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Now I want McDonalds.

LBTEPA said...

Come and read my blog if you want no achievements whatsoever!
Sleep deprived Mums-to-be can eat whatever they want, it's the rules.

Lisa said...

I'm with you on the insomnia and the junk food.

You've been doing great though! :)

Unknown said...

Siren, I almost stopped at McD's on my way home from practice last night! The cravings must have been in the air!! (I bargained with them. I get fries from a chip wagon today!)

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

I agree 110% with jbm. News flash...YOU'RE PREGO!! Cut yourself some slack and allow for some rewards...even when they come in the shape of a Big Mac and fries.

Now...want to talk about cravings? I want to hear a little more about the ohmygodimgoingtohaveababysoon plans. Like how is the baby's room coming? Is the hospital bag packed? Are you excited/terrified/all of the above?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Jennifer P said...

It will all be fine -- I promise. I know, because I was there not to long ago. Enjoy the candy now. My little guy doesn't like chocolate milk if you catch my drift.

Erin said...

I've run a total of four times since September 9th -- that's sloth. You, my very pregnant friend, have an excuse. And just like a missed workout here and there, a big mac and fries -- even one a week for the next few weeks -- will make little difference in the end. So relax and enjoy yourself for right now. There will be time for regimen later...

Diane said...

With both my pregnancies, I craved a hamburger covered with chili and cheese from a local deli - which I ate at least once a week for nine months (times two!). How gross is that?!? You have been amazing throughout your pregnancy. There is nothing wrong with a little indulgence ever - but especially now.

Sixteen Chickens said...

I think at this point you are allowed all your transgressions, it's in the mommy handbook, i swear.