Monday, October 15, 2007

Sometimes the best gifts...

weren't even on the registry.

My insanely fabulous baby shower was this weekend. (Buffet dinner for 60. It was from "3-6." People started arriving at 2:30 and the last left around 11. It was unbelievable. Some family came from as far as 500 miles. I'm still overwhelmed with all the love and support.)

Among the incredibly cute, generous and fantastically practical things I received for the baby, two stuck out in particular.

1) An R.E.I. gift card, from my husband's cousin who wanted to treat the Triathlete Me to something because the Future Mommy Me was already getting what she needed.

2) A 2007 IM World Championship event t-shirt from my girlfriend who just got back from her honeymoon in Hawaii!!

Have I got the coolest friends or what?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Indeed!

Lisa said...

Both awesome gifts! Congratulations!!