Saturday, April 22, 2006

Color Me Coordinated

After the initial giddiness of my new shoes wore off I realized they were not the silver/black that the tri guy had indicated... on thinking about it I realized the colors he'd told me were for the Lakes that didn't fit.

Now, by virtue of being A) A girl, and B) an anal-retentive nut job who specializes in things needing to match... this is a problem.

Last year's gear is all blue, just because that's what I could find in those sizes. This year I've been on an 'all pink all the time' kick - even got a pink Ironman watch and had dreams of a pink bike. But my cycling shoes - for me, the most limited option of my gear - are red, black and silver.

So, of course I have to completely rethink my color scheme. I don't want anybody to think I'm copying Iron Wil's red theme, I'm just headed there because that's the colors Carnac happened to make these shoes in. Which means I have no choice. My gear must match or bad things will happen - floods and earthquakes and Armageddon and Britney Spears making another album. So I must shop for matching gear for the good of all humanity.

Not that it's a terrible thing - red's my favorite color anyway. The color of passion and hot sex and life itself in the blood running through our veins. At one point (before I lost weight and got rid of my entire too-big wardrobe) I had no less than 15 red shirts in my closet. (I wish I was kidding.) Because hey, I look great in it.

And as is obvious from my profile photo, already got a red bike jersey. And getting a red TGD team shirt. And my bike shorts and tri shorts are black. Now for a helmet....

No comments: