Wednesday, April 19, 2006

(Tri) Life is Good

They're heeeeeerre! My (pleasepleasepleaseletthemfit) Carnac TRS8s arrived and I get to try them on tomorrow. While I'm there, I'll be treating myself to a bike fitting! Can't WAIT for 4:00 tomorrow!

Just swam my first half-mile (that didn't consist of drill sets) since I started taking lessons. I did it immediately following my weight training class and my time was 27:30. A far cry from the 21 minutes my freshly tweaked stroke projected, but still a full 2 minutes faster than before, and I'll take it after 75 minutes of hard-core weight training that left me with arms the consistency of overcooked spaghetti.

Icing on the cake: another week of calorie counting resulted in 1 more pound lost.

Oh yeah. Tri life is good.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Whoohoo! Sounds like things are going great so far this week! Nice job on the swim. Just remember that the swim is first, so you'll probably be faster, since you won't be tired!

I've started taking steps towards being at Danskin again this year.... you're in, right? :)

Lisa said...

I sent you an email. :)