Friday, April 07, 2006

Optimistic

I just got off the phone with the "local" (it's over an hour away) tri shop; I've been calling around to cycling shops trying to find wide width cycling shoes to try on with no luck.

He carries Lakes and was able to order a wide in my size! I'm a little nervous about having to pre-pay for something that still may not fit (I actually wear a double-wide) but he said if they don't we'll just try another size.

AND he does bike fittings! He's probably not the best, but I think even a minimal fitting at this point would help me a lot. With my recent knee issues I'm even more concerned about bad bike position but problem is, I just have not had the disposable income to do anything about it.

Here's why I'm all happy: sweet, generous husband allocated $200 of the tax refund for me to get cycling shoes... the Lakes only cost $90 and he only charges $100 for a bike fitting! I'm so totally psyched about this - trying not to get my hopes up toooo much, with my shoe fitting history, but I'm truly optimistic. So when my shoes come in next week I'll be going for a dual bike fitting/shoe try on appointment. Yay!

The coolest thing - the shop owner/bike fitter guy is a serious triathlete (duh - he opened a tri store). He did IMWI in 11:48 last year... I can't even wrap my brain around that! Between just having the opportunity to chat with this guy, getting new shoes and a bike fitting... I can't wait for next week!

No comments: