Sunday, April 02, 2006

Truth in Advertising

I learned about a new cycling event today: the Horribly Hilly Hundred. They're not kidding either! A friend sent me the info. She's a serious cyclist tackling this course on a single-speed mountain bike she custom built just because it seems like a fun thing to do.


My gut reaction was "Holy. Crap."
My next thought was "Where do I sign up?"

Alas, it's the weekend before my one and only triathlon of this season, so I'm not going to blow what should be the start of my taper with a crazy-ass ride like this.

But next year... oh, yeah. This looks like a blast... but I gotta wonder, at what point did I start defining 100K over the toughest hills in southern Wisconsin as a good time?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It's an awesome race... so awesome that it filled up in four days for the first time ever. I've never done it, but I would eventually like to. :)

And my word verification is "bgear" hmm... does that mean I can guy more gear? ;)