Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Just A Little Rant

Looked something up on the website of the Race Formerly Known as Reebok, and was intrigued by a link called The Ten Commandments of Tri.

Can't pass that up, right? I'm thinking it's going to be really cool and inspirational, like the top ten shirts we collaborated on. I even had a glimmer of hope that stupid Subaru taking over my favorite race maybe wasn't such a bad thing after all. Alas, it was nothing of the sort. It's so lame it's not to be believed and it made me kind of sad that this is what the beginners who turn to the event site for information are stuck with. It's not that it isn't useful information, but it's information that's already covered in the rules and the FAQ. I find it irritating and off-putting as a writer in general (hello redundant, patronizing and mislabeled), as a writer who specializes in web content and as a triathlete.

As much as I love the comaradarie and, frankly, the safe cocoon, of the women-only races, this shows me I really am growing beyond them and need to start stretching my limits in the more competitive events.

No comments: