Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hold Me Back!

Two glorious days in a row of 70 degree temps... I'm going out of my mind wanting to be outside! Technically I'm not working that much this week and could be basking in the springtime, but a pro-bono project is still a project and I need to get it done.

Yesterday I was aching to go for a bike ride after my supposedly in-and-out (insert lame gynie joke here) doctor appointment turned into watching the day pass me by as I sat in the waiting room for 2+ hours. Then I had to rush home to finish the work I missed.

This morning, my gym bag is packed and I'm heading out to drop off some work documents before I work out... and I can't decide if I should hit the gym as planned or head for the great outdoors. I'm thinking the 5K forest preserve trail is looking miiiiighty fine today, hills and sore knee be damned!

It's just about killing me to not ride my bike... but I'm sort of holding out to ride it until my new shoes come in (any day now!). And I decided finances be damned - I'm getting the bike fitting. Chronic pain and furthering a permanent injury aren't worth the argument over a hundred bucks. I'll squeeze it from something else.

Maybe I'll even drag one of my nutty dog monsters with me on the trail.... (oh, it's gonna be a gooooood day)

No comments: