Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

Missed my run yesterday for work so was really antsy to run today. Did my weights class as usual then went to the treadmills (yeah, I know, I need to start running outside, but it's cold and I'm still babying the knee). My favorite one was out of order so I got on one of the clunky old ones.

I was in a bit of a rush because I had a furnace guy coming, so I was trying to hurry. Like a complete f'ing moron, I started walking THEN started dicking around to start my MP3 player. This lasted for, ooooh, 6 seconds, at which point I tripped on the edge of the belt (the old ones are quite narrow), twisted the crap out of my bad knee and barely caught myself from falling flat on my face. Thus ended my workout. Gawd, I feel like an idiot.

So, it hurts and I've got ice on it and took a handful of ibuprofen. And now I'm even more ansty because I've missed two cardio workouts in a row.

1 comment:

tri-mama said...

There are days when knees just suck. The good news: the pool and that fine new stroke are waiting for you :)