Friday, April 07, 2006

Spoke Too Soon

Cool Tri-Shop Guy just called. He tried to order the Lakes and was told they don't make them in that size.

He then proceeded to call EVERY SINGLE CYCLING SHOE MANUFACTURER ON THE PLANET. No shit. This is a cool guy. So it sucked that he was told, across the board, that the product he was trying to find for me does not exist.

He did find one glimmer of hope - Carnac makes an entry level tri shoe that, in theory, comes in a size roughly equivalent to what I'm looking for. Even better, the distributor told him if they don't fit me we can just send them back, no charge.

Of course, they cost $225, so no bike fitting for me. At least not next week.

Soooo... now I wait. And hope to hell the damn things fit.

BUT... all is not lost and I do have something over which to rejoice:
His shop is an hour away but he lives in the same town I do. This means the tri-club he started isn't far away like I thought. Even better? It's free to join. The best?! They do group rides, runs and swims right HERE!!!

1 comment:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Here's hoping the shoes fit! Nothing worse than shoes that don't... I've bought my share of blister bandaids. That's great news about the tri-club!