Monday, July 09, 2007

In Lieu of Training

A photo diary of how I spent the last week NOT working out...

6/30/07 At a birthday BBQ for the 2 year old son of some very dear friends. (Also of note - 19 weeks pregnant today.)


7/1/07 - 7/4/07 Prepping and painting the master bedroom. Finally. (It only took 3 years to pick the colors and another 7 months to get around to putting it on the walls!)


And for those who asked... the primary wall color is Benjamin Moore #2107-40, "Driftwood." The accent color (bathroom entry fascia, walls of the "L" part behind dog crates) is Benjamin Moore #HC-87, "Ashley Gray."

And for the record, it's totally worth it to take 3 years to choose the right color if it makes you feel as happy as this one does me. I admit I was a bit intimidated by the size of the room/height of the walls - although I'm known amongst my friends for my bold paint selections and my mantra has always been "it's only paint, you can always do it over", I was understandably reluctant to contemplate redoing a room of this scale if I biffed the paint selection.

And the "best" part of this outrageously amazing bedroom? The dog crates are the nicest furniture in it. I'm sleeping on a free bed frame and broken down mattress, we've got garage sale bedside tables and are using an ugly old microwave cart for the TV. CLASSY!



7/4/07 Relaxing at a friend's big ol' Fourth of July bash, complete with live music, a roasted pig AND goat, and crazy good fireworks.


And in between doing all that... I'd periodically stick my head into the nursery, obsess about how the paint color didn't come out right and wonder how much Wonderful Husband would kill me if I decided to redo it now. (I was going for khaki and cream, then I got this stupid idea to match Winnie the Pooh's color from the border, but it turned out ORANGE! and YELLOW! so I had to use leftover neutrals I had stashed in the garage to hand-mix them down to what you see here... I still think it would look killer as khaki and cream...)

Little bit of useless trivia - the rocking chair in the corner belonged to my Grandmother. She rocked all of us in it when we were babies. And the teddy bear was a gift to me from Wonderful Husband when we were dating in college. The framed album on the wall is an actual Winnie the Pooh record (still works!) that belonged to Wonderful Husband when he was little.

13 comments:

jbmmommy said...

I think both of the rooms look great and you look awesome!

The boys' room is definitely my favorite one in the house because it's got the perfect color- everything else is just white- boring. I'm hoping something else gets painted while I'm on maternity leave but we'll see how that goes.

Born To Endure said...

Everything looks wonderful..so nice to have a treasure from your grandmother!!

Trisaratops said...

Okay, total cliche here, but you are totally glowing! You look so good.

Love the room! And the nursury is adorable. Holy crap, we've barely started that project. Working on our kitchen floor and bathroom first. Good thing we already have a room that's light blue and yellow! :)

LBTEPA said...

You are GLOWING! And 20 weeks = halfway :)woo hoo
Your house looks so nice too

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Ditto what Shelley and TriSaratops said.

Stay tuned...

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

First, I love the color in your living areas. Second, you don't have to repaint the nursery. you might be able to save some time by putting a different color in the curtains. Try it in a photo editor and see!

Today's word: buzfi

Unknown said...

You and your hubby look so happy!

We have so many rooms in a state of "partial completion". After Booty my "A" race is the race to get the house looking like a home!

Veeg said...

I love BOTH bedrooms. Lots!

And you look fantastic, lady. :)

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Looks like your priorities are right where they need to be! (FYI--if you really have a hankering for khaki and cream, we'll fly you to Austin for a weekend!) God knows we have plenty to paint! Leave it to an OCD triathlete to have the nursery ready to go!!

TriGirl 40 said...

Great pictures! You look so happy!And the rooms look terrific! The Winnie the Pooh record and your Grandmother's rocker are way cool.

Sixteen Chickens said...

I like the paint colors in the master bedroom! The nursery looks nice and bright, cheery. Nothing wrong with a little pooh-bear on the walls. It looks like you've hit the nesting stage! :)
P.S. Does Kona's tongue ever go in his mouth? I don't think I've even seen a photo of him without his lolling tongue. :P

Melissa said...

Love the picture of you and hubby on the 4th. It's so sweet. Love the rooms too. I think the nursery looks great.

Tony said...

I dig the paint colors in the master bedroom, good job! The roasted pig at the BBQ sure sounds good. Sometimes taking some timeoff of training feels great and it lets you refocus and recharge. Keep up the good work.