Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sometimes Stuff Just Works Out

I've been having minor meltdowns about money, because business is slow (typical summer slump), we're trying to frugally (I love Craigslist) outfit ourselves for the baby and have had several unexpected expenses pop up to make it even more challenging, not the least of which were the dishwasher dying and my van realizing how old it is ($700 and $900, respectively).

So, I've been freaking out about IMWI and my inability to afford the inflated hotel room prices for race weekend.

This morning one of our friends - who happens to live in Madison - caught wind of my dilemma. I hadn't thought about approaching him for a crash pad because he's been in a divorce transition phase and I didn't want to impose. But he came to me and offered his guest room.

Turns out he's going to be out of town that weekend and he could really use someone to feed his cat while he's gone.

So... YAY!! I'm so back on for an epic IMMoo Blogger weekend!! I'm hoping somebody out there is making plans for people to get together for a meal or something...? Any info on plans in the making would be greatly appreciated!!

6 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see you there!

I haven't heard anything about bloggers uniting, but I think it's a good idea. I'm pretty sure I don't have the time/energy to spearhead it, but I may stop by teh raceathlete forum and drop a note. I'm *sure* there'll be something!

Unknown said...

I think IronPol and Little Miss Runner Pants are spearheading the Bloggers Not Racing Group!

There will be a bunch of us there, and I'm sure there will be meet up after meet up!

Anonymous said...

It was great your friend saw your dilemma and offered you a place to stay.

massage recliner

Sixteen Chickens said...

Sah-weet!

Sixteen Chickens said...

P.S. Want me and the cat to help fix the dishwasher? ;)

Jonah Holland said...

i love it when stuff works out. Especially for folks who deserve it.