Thursday, March 30, 2006

Oooooouuuuch

Had a killer workout in weight training yesterday. Still have to pamper my knee, so she worked my upper body more than usual.

I guess it's safe to say I'm back from my illness. My first post-bronchitis attempt at weight training was a pathetic display of baby weights and mini-sets that ended halfway through class, and subsequent efforts have only been slightly better. I was worried I'd lost a year of progress, but I'm not worried any more.

Yesterday I was doing sets with weights I'd never dreamed of - one of the pyramids that used to be 8/10/12 is now 15/20/25! It was hard but it felt great, just right.

By the end of class I was done - my biceps were so fried you could've slapped 'em on a plate and served 'em up with mashed taters and gravy.

I felt fabulous. Then. But when I woke up this morning... ooooh, mamma. My upper body is so sore it's a miracle I managed to get dressed.

Somehow I need to resolve this little problem before 4:30, when I have my first private swim lesson....

No comments: