Monday, March 20, 2006

Shoe Shopping

We got our tax refund and that means it's time for me to put my poor feet out of their misery with some bike shoes that actually fit. The one ride I managed to squeeze in between snowstorms was a painful reminder of just how badly I need to get this particular equipment problem resolved.

Here's the thing - I've searched far and wide for shoes available in wide widths with very little success. My problem is that my feet are little and if shoes are offered in wide at all, they're only available in men's sizes, and most manufacturers don't offer men's sizes as small as I need.

I have high arches too, which apparently means a "high volume" foot - so often men's shoes actually end up fitting me better anyway when I can get them small enough.

I've already established that Sidi Megas are out - I need a 36/37 and the smallest they come is 40. Even once I figure out what brands might work for me, I have to find a damn shoe store that actually stocks them so I can try 'em on, because I learned a long time ago that all wides are not created equal and ordering online is nearly impossible.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm pretty much floundering on this one.

No comments: